One of the best ways to build your professional network is by joining professional organizations. They provide credibility as well as provide you access to professional contacts. Participation in local organizations puts you toe-to-toe with some of the companies and industries you may be trying to penetrate. Typically, members are committed to their profession and actively seeking to stay current and willing to share information and help in your career advancement. In this meeting we will share ways to maximize your affiliation with a professional organization and share what PMI has to offer.
Making Your PMI Membership Work For You
Discounts & Free Stuff!!!
- Overview of the tools that PMI offers - especially website functions (membership, learning, events, business and government, PMBOK Guide & Standards, Store, etc)
- how to locate podcasts or online training for PDUs specific to the three areas of the PMI Talent Triangle
Gain Leadership Experience
- how to navigate and apply for events in VRMS (Volunteer Resource Management System)
Network with your peers and Grow some grassroots in your community
Take Advantage of Professional Development
- Overview of the different types of PMI Certifications
- how the apply for your PMP
- the new PMP Test (PMBOK 6th ED)
- how to claim your PDUs and the different types of PDUs (training, volunteer, meetings, profession, etc)
- the PMI Talent Triangle
This meeting will earn Leadership 1.5 PDU
Schedule of Events:
To receive the member discount, please login to the site using the "Login" button at the upper right corner of the screen using your PMI username and password.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only accept cash or check at check in. Credit cards will not be accepted at the door.
|Event Date||05-16-2018 5:30 pm|
|Event End Date||05-16-2018 8:00 pm|